Thursday, March 06, 2008

Silence...

I was so excited last night to find a Taize song that fit reading we were doing that I totally forgot to give the people the 5 mins of silence. The whole point of the service for most people is that 5 mins of collective silence and I just skipped it. I didn't notice till well later but it was too late to go back.

Then, Pastor Lynn didn't include the Lord's Prayer... another oversight.

Then the service ended and I say down. 3 min's past and nobody moved and I realized that we were in liturgical deadlock. The people didn't know it was over because they didn't have an order of service, they didn't have the silence, and they didn't say the Lord's Prayer. So... I left.

I thought that this would cue them to the fact that the service was over. Nope... 4 more mins past till the first person got up to leave...

So... in the end... they got the silence but I'll never forget the silence part again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liturgical deadlock. I like that.
Been there. Not bad just different.
cb