Monday, March 10, 2008

The runner

I am runner!
Tis time... I’m 3 years past the end of the 5 year plan to get into shape. I’m not even making promises to me anymore. But I did run today.
I’m officially a runner. I ran. I run.
It felt... ,,, pathetic.
At first I wrote painful but that isn’t true. I’m following the couch potato to 5km in 8weeks plan. This is to say... I feel like I should be able to do so much more... 60 sec’s running, 90 sec’s walking.
A forced slow start... my first goal is to not hurt myself for the first 10 weeks. By hurt I mean injure by going to hard so... a slow start.
I’ll keep ya posted

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Sean, im glad you haven't given up yet!! and i admire your umpf! :) (i do!!)

Erik Parker said...

I know its hard to commit with family stuff and all, but doing both curling and basketball has been really great. Just one sport a week isn't that much, but when you had two, it isn't hard to go for walk or bike ride a couple other days a week.