Saturday, September 01, 2007

BUSTED!!!

Ah HA!!!

Imagine my surprise to be driving along during my home care shift... driving along and then seeing a tandem bike cross the street a few blocks up. I gave chase. And sitting outside of the Petro Canada at Market Mall was MY BIKE!

So I drove up, 3 bikes, one guard, and my bike. I manuvered around and pretended to be reading while sizing up the situation... I mean really? What was I going to do?

I though about Walter in the Big Lebowski... I mean this this is about drawing a line in the sand! Across this line you do ont cross!... What's mine is mine...

Then I thought, I just got my fake ordination to be Priest of Dudism... what would the Dude do? I mean, we're getting out of this thing cheap man...

And then I thought again.... what do I really hope will happen? I'll get the bike back and they'll forget where I live and it'll go back not being fixed and taking up space for a few years while I ride it twice a year and dream about what it could be.

The others came out of the store. 4 in total. 15-16 years old except the little one.. he looks 8. They are dressed in hip hop but not in the clean sense - they are a little too dirty to be wannabe suburb type rich kids. The get on the bikes and leave.

I follow... not too close... they turn down and alley... I part behind a dumpster and watch... They are eating on the grass half way up the alley... I can see my bike there but they are just sitting there (*probably stole the food too).

It's go time...

I put the car into drive and creep up the alley... I could run the bike over with little risk to life and limb and take my revenge... and then instead I drive by and don't look back.

It's called playing the pot odds in texas hold'em... if there was enough money in the pot I might risk a long shot but I don't really want the bike back. They've gone all in and I haven't seen the flop yet so ya know what?... keep my small blind.

I'll get another bike if I really want one.

Fair thee well sweet 'diggs' the bike. At least you are bring ridden now...

There is probably somthing profound about forgiveness and turning the other cheek and not getting stabbed for a $10 bike in here... I wonder what it is?

4 comments:

Erik Parker said...

Awesome story man!

I would confronted the little sh*ts, maybe I am not as easy to forgive...

I am glad you got something out of it.

Contact Information said...

So... the plan would be to pass the wheel to the other guy and roll out of the car at 55 m p h and then grab one of them and beat the truth out of them?

It's simple plan which is why it's so awesome!

A plan worthy of Walter!

Drew said...

Hey man, I don't think I could have just left it. I would have had to say something, or pull up and ask where they got the bikes, or something like that. "I had a friend with a bike that looked just like that that was stolen recently" or just called the cops... I dunno, I'm with Eric. I know if I ever saw my old bike I'd be all over the person on it like white on rice. dREW~

Contact Information said...

Ahhh yes, but lets reviews some facts.

A - your bike was worth something.


I guess I meant fact. Really, in so many ways in the absolute best scenario is really wasn't worth getting out of the car or loading it into the car or even the slilghtest risk that they were the original theives and decided to come by and throw rocks at my car or something...
But yes... I too dream of the witty ways in which I could have got the bike back.