Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stop Motion Lego

Wow... what fun!

My son and I discovered the joy of stop motion lego animation. This is the second attempt and it's lots of fun.... only took about 5 hours to put this together.

We worked on the story line and animation and photography together so we are calling it a joint project. Elijah is the head of 'eB Productions' and of course I'm the head of 'bouncin' boy Productions' so we both took credit in the end. He's pretty jazzed to do more so I think we're going to start learning about making a story board and writing more down ahead of time.

Anyway... without further delay, eB and bouncin' boy productions are proud to present:
The Great Dinosaur Escape!

2 comments:

A J Craig said...

Wow, I am seriously impressed! You guys did an amazing job! Elijah I am blown away by your skill man, what a cool story. And Sean, dude, you are the best dad ever I think. It actually made me think about how cool it would be to do that with my kids some day!

Quick question, how did you do the stop motion? Was it a still or a video camera? It turned out awesome whatever it was. I look forward to more.

Contact Information said...

The stop motion wasw on 2 different cameras. Elijah was running the SD400 elph off the tripod but we kept moving it up and down and he pushes the button hard so it wiggles a bit. This also accounts for the different colours as the SD400 is old and abused, and my newer S5IS is a little newer and has a bigger lens.
I used the S5IS for the shots that are in 'motion'. So I set it to continuous fire and did the 1)Zoom in to guy announcing dinosaur shot 2) Dinosaur view as the guy is getting attacked on top of the building, 3) Iron Man Flight shot.

The 'lazer effect' is actually a coloured string that I tied onto the lego and held off camera. That was probably the thing that I liked best.

Yup... big drama! I have a lot of hope for eP Productions!