Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Liturgy

Springboarding off of a good friends rant about the lack of Scandanavian Rites (and by the way, I believe in the rights of scandanavians) I wanted to say that as one who has started to study the liturgy and go deeply into its meaning of it all, it might be time to ditch it.

I don't really mean that. But I am noticing that when the liturgy is happening around me, I'm loving it and in my element, and there are many people that having been in church for 80 years are just not getting it. It's not doing for them what it is doing for me.

So now I don't know where I'm going to with this post. Must be an extrovert thing... I'll just start typing and see.

regular random.

sean

2 comments:

Erik Parker said...

I hope it wasn't me that was advocating Scandinavian rites?!?!?!

Erik Parker said...

So should we just give up on liturgy (and our calling or preach and TEACH)?

Beyond that, you should ask people what they think is going in the Liturgy and I bet you will get surprising answers, especially from the 80 year olds.

Ask a 45 year old, and they probably will admit that they don't have a clue and that we should ditch it.