Monday, November 20, 2006

No Sleep

4:30am - wake up to screaming child. The ugly realization that this isn’t a go back to sleep situation slowly sinks in. Grrr...

4:45am - take Daughter to potty. Not effective but new diaper put on.

4:50am - Sick wife returns to bed - take children to play room.

6:45am - Having thoroughly exhausted all the possibilites of colouring a cardboard box, knocking over wooden blocks, driving cars on heads, and reading stories that are either too boring for the 3 year old or way beyond the 1 year old - I make breakfast.

7:00am- children happily munching on Christmas oranges - then eggs with milk - then yogurt.

7:30am - Then I lose it. In a bough of insanity I decide to get in a power struggle with a one year old - this must be a ridiculous sight to the well slept and thinking among us - I’m pulling the spoon, she is pulling the spoon - the yogurt is flying - no one is backing down - the noise level escalates and the sick/tired wife is awoken.

7:35am - 3 year old is playing video games. Dad is standing in kitchen… can’t return to bed - 3 year old will destroy the world. Can’t give wife sleep - that battle is lost. Quick! Look busy… clean kitchen, empty litter. To tired… can’t think…

7:50am - sitting beside 3 year old, playing video games… I don’t know for sure, but I think it’s going to be a long day...

4 comments:

anno said...

so.....you caused the noise that woke me up hey? poor wife :)

you're okay. i'm okay. the kids are okay.

it's all good.

Erik Parker said...

I know your pain dude.

Maybe I will blog about it...

Drew said...

I am so not ready to be married with children...
Little Brother~

jimjiminyjim said...

I'm suddenly so blissfully aware of the peace we have with but one child. And yet stubbornly, I want more.