Thursday, April 23, 2009

It ended with a fizzle...

Well, with the click of the send button the last exam was completed and handed in and officially I'm done all the course work that I'm going to do for seminary. In some ways it is the biggest day of the last 5 years, and in others it was just a cold May day in Saskatoon.

Walking out, holding a cliche box of office supplies and flanked by two classmates carrying the rest of my books, guitars, drums, and other random crap it felt... normal. It still feels normal and the reality of never returning to full time study again slowly settles in.

In some ways there is so much to look forward too with the new career and move across the country, but in other ways it is all loss. Loss of community, loss of lifestyle, loss of carefree existance.

So it's the biggest day, that ends in a fizzle as I wait for a few more weeks for anything else to really come together.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Any news on the move?

Contact Information said...

No news. House not sold. But... the call letter is waiting at the Bishop's office so that is good. Wait wait wait...

Anonymous said...

A cold May day??!?!

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

call letter for where??

Contact Information said...

Drum rolll.....

Edson Alberta!

(and yes... I see now that it is not May yet... I guess I'm living too much in the future...)

:)