Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Body Praxis writing assignment

How does my body enter into how I see myself as a leader in the church?

I'm the one whose body is invited into people's space.
The most festive, depressing, 
wonderful, painful, 
jubilant, vacuous 
times of peoples lives.
My body shows up.

I'm the one whose body is given the time to be available in crisis
A shoulder 
A hand
A connecting presence.
My body has time.

I'm the one whose body is used as a symbol for the mighty works of God
In Worship
In Protest
In death
And in new life.
My body is a symbol for something bigger than itself.

I'm the one whose body gives voice to the proclamation that the world needs to hear.
I voice healing
I voice comfort
I voice outrage
I voice hope
My body is the voice that proclaims Word

In ministry, my body is bigger than me and yet, it's still just me. Thanks be to God.

2 comments:

anno said...

You are beautiful.

Drew said...

This's neat Sean. I envy the stuff your learning and being given space to think about.